Wait, what? November in two weeks?
I usually don’t have a hard time remembering that Halloween and Nanowrimo come smacking me in the face hand-in-hand. But with the past couple of months flying by (seriously, is this because I turned twenty-eight? That is so unfair!) I find myself sort of… lost in time.
For example, by now I would have:
- Decorated for Halloween at home (October 1st!)
- Decorated for Halloween at work (first work day of October)
- Picked out a Halloween costume
- Watched at least three black-and-white horrors or Halloween movies (I’ve only seen one – Nosferatu!)
- Plotted out points for the Nano novel
- Attended or planned to attend at least one ghost walk and one cemetery tour
Now, I don’t even know if I’m nano-ing, Halloween-ing or even ghost walk-ing! And you know what? I’m kind of okay with that. Maybe, instead of making use of the season, I’ll just let the season do its thing on its own, and enjoy it along the way.
Then again, that could be the cold medicine talking…